Every year 4 million people die because of dirty cook stoves, making it at least twice as deadly as malaria. In fact, each dirty cook stove produces as much carbon dioxide as a car. This issue became a top priority for former secretary of state Hillary Clinton, who committed $12 million to funding clean cook stoves during her term.
Peter Scott, CEO and founder of BURN design laboratory, which has built over 500,000 clean cook stoves in 13 African countries, joins Michael Shure to discuss this issue.
- politiciansoc reblogged this from current
- tadmartin reblogged this from current and added:
- latbb reblogged this from current
- fromstarstostarfish likes this
- smdxn likes this
- idroolinmysleep said: Do you mean carbon dioxide, or carbon monoxide? CO2 is a greenhouse gas, but I believe CO is what poses the most immediate danger for killing you if you’re in proximity of a dirty stove.
- beinfo reblogged this from current
- sketch80 likes this
- beautifulinourfashion reblogged this from current
- tessellation29 likes this
- sosungjackskellington reblogged this from bittersweetaubade and added:
- bittersweetaubade reblogged this from current
- current posted this